Did you know that you can lose weight when the average dinner out contains over 1,000 calories?
Well,don’t worry! Keeping yourself fit in shape when dining out is simply a matter of ordering the right menu.
These are 6 tips for having a healthy dinner out (you can still enjoy your meal like normal!):
– Mind Your Drinks – By not ordering an alcoholic beverage, you can save yourself a significant number of calories.
Try iced tea sweetened with a noncaloric sweetener, a diet soft drink, or water with lemon. You’ll be glad you did when you consider the saving of calories.
– Have A Salad – One of the best menus to have is a salad. Not only will it fill you up but also you’ll consume fewer calories in general, but it also gives you a large dose of antioxidants that are important to a healthy heart. Be sure to ask your waiter to hold the cheese and croutons which will further decrease your load of calories Also, choose your dressing carefully. Avoid cream-based dressings and go for the vinegar-based ones. You also can choose vinegar and olive oil which is healthy for your heart.
– Prevent Ordering an Appetizer if it isn’t Necessary – Some appetizers may have more fat and calories than the main course and also majority of appetizers are fried and served with heavy sauces which will add to your intake of trans fats as well as saturated fats and calories.
This is not a healthy way to begin your meal.
– Select The Right Kind of Foods – Choose grilled and broiled rather than fried. Thereby you save calories and grams of fat, you can also avoid trans fats which are so common in fried foods. Instead, you can ask for a doubles order of vegetables with your entree.
As well by avoiding the starch, you’ll be reducing your amount of carbohydrates and calories. Also,
stick to tomato-based sauces rather than cream-based and you can enjoy significant calorie savings.Which makes it a healthy dinner out.
Finally, ask for the sauce to be served in a separate dish on the side so you can control the amount you eat.
– Don’t Overeat – These days, lots of restaurants are serving large quantities of food than in the past. In this case, separate a portion of your entree at the beginning of the meal to take home with you. If you remove it from your plate before you start eating, you’ll be less tempted to overeat. So you can lose weight and enjoy a healthy dinner out.
– Prevent Sugary and Fatty Desserts – Alternatively, go for a low carbohydrate lower-fat dessert selection like low carb cheesecake.
These are clever choices for the healthy eater and yet allow you to end the meal on a sweet note. If a healthy dessert option isn’t available,
sip a cup of coffee with skim milk to help satisfy your desire for something sweet. Which helps you to lose weight.
The next time you go out for dinner, keep these tips in mind. You will be surprised how many calories you can eliminate out of your meal just by ordering the right menus!
Happy and healthy Dinner out!